Add to the ambiance of your event with traditional Hawaiian activities that your attendees can participate in and make souvenirs to take home as a lasting memory. Our Hui Holokai are ready to host the following arts and crafts for you:
- Coconut Frond Weaving – Weave fish, canoes or baskets.
- Lei Making – Learn to make lei. Choose from a variety of lei styles; ti leaf-hilo, flower lei-kui, braided-haku, twined-wili.
- Mo‘olelo Time – Storytelling of Hawai‘i island myths, legends and history under the stars.
- ‘Ohe Kāpala (Bamboo Stamping) – Stamp traditional Hawaiian prints on tee shirts or other items provided at a per item cost.
- Kukui Nut Jewelry – Clean, sand and polish a kukui nut to make a bracelet or necklace.
- Coconut Husking & Tasting
- Throw Net Demonstration – Learn to handle and throw a large fish net in an ancient Hawaiian fishing style that is still practiced today.
- Kākau (Polynesian Tattoos) – Discuss your genealogy and family traditions and have a temporary tattoo drawn on to wear for the night.
These activities are for attendees 13 years and older. Activities will be customized for children 12 and under.
Duration: 2 hours